Thank you for your interest in adopting a Paws For Seniors pet. Potential adopters must follow our adoption process, which includes an adoption application, an interview, reference check and a home visit. Adoption Applications may be submitted in advance for pre-approval and will be kept on file.
BEFORE COMPLETING THE ADOPTION QUESTIONAIRE, YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
* Lifestyle (House, Apartment, Single, Busy schedule, etc.)
* Preference of male or female dog or cat.
* Desired personality and energy level (playfulness, calm, dominant, needy, etc.)
* Appropriate age of the pet for your family.
* Age of any children/grandchildren you may have. Ordinarily our pets are not suitable for homes with children under 5.
* Have a family meeting to discuss how adding a pet will impact your lifestyle and ensure that everyone in the household is ready to adopt a new dog or cat.
1. Submit an application. Please allow (1) one week for your application to be reviewed.
2. Adoption Applications may be submitted for preapproval and will be kept on file.
3. Initial interview by phone or email will be made within one week after receipt of your application.
4. If the application is approved, we will schedule a home visit. All members of your family must be present.
5. After home visit and upon approval, an Adoption Contract will be processed, We encourage you to give your new pet (2) two weeks to adjust to their new home environment. This will allow you to decide if the pet is a good match for you and your family.
6. Adoption Fees: Senior Dogs: $150.00 Senior Cats $120.00
Paws for Seniors, PO Box 738 Bealeton, VA 22712
· Provide a loving, humane and safe environment for the “Paws for Seniors” pet, which includes keeping the dog as an indoor house pet for the remainder of his/her life.
· Provide veterinary care including regular vaccinations, heart worm testing and preventative year round, and comply with all local laws regarding licensing.
· Provide a safe, fenced in yard while the “Paws for Seniors” dog is outside supervised by you or a family member.
· Agree to keep the “Paws for Seniors” dog on a leash when outside a fenced area and not allow him/her to roam free at any time.
· Consider all lifestyle changes that can affect your life and your pet: Are your energy levels likely to change soon because of ongoing health issues? If something happens to you, what happens to your pets?
· Return the “Paws for Seniors” pet at any time if the owner is unable to keep him/her for any reason or if lifestyle changes make the owner unable to maintain above conditions.
Paws for Seniors is an all volunteer rescue group in Fauquier County, VA. We rely on our Foster home network to care for Senior Dogs and Cats in need until their forever homes are found.
Our Mission: To care for and find suitable homes for homeless Senior Dogs & Cats where they can live out their golden years with dignity and love.
A non-profit organization dedicated to caring for and finding homes for senior dogs and cats, aged seven years and older where they can live out their golden years with dignity and love through rescue, foster, adoption, and hospice.
For any number of reasons senior dogs and cats are given up by, in many cases, the only family they have ever known. More often than not, they end up in animal shelters.
· We believe that senior dogs and cats deserve a safe and caring environment in which to live out their golden years. We formed, Paws For Seniors, to help find these homeless pets a home where they can live out their remaining days with love and dignity.
· We do not believe that we are “in competition” with rescue groups and shelters but “in concert”. We all have the same goal of helping animals in distress, caring for them, and finding “furever” homes.
· We believe that pet companionship is key to keeping our aging society young at heart! We will work to match senior dogs & cats with senior citizens, while considering the needs of both.
· We will work with rescues/shelters to network and cross-post Senior Dogs and Cats in their care to aid in finding a permanent home.
· We will establish a network of foster homes, including Senior Citizens to provide a safe and caring environment for pets in need while waiting for their forever homes. This would be a win-win situation for seniors that would love a pet but cannot afford the expense. The foster home provides the love and daily care to a Senior Dog or Cat in need. “Paws For Seniors” provides the food, pet meds and vet care while looking for a forever home. In some cases our Foster Home providers may become “permanent” fosters.
· We will establish a program to aid Senior Citizens to keep the companionship of the pets they currently have.
· We will work to bring awareness and educate the public on humane animal welfare issues.
Want to help our mission?
We are a volunteer based group and rely on our dedicated Volunteers to help with operations. Would you like to have a dog or cat in your home but don’t have the resources to commit to their lifetime of care? Or just can’t decide what kind you want?
Become a Foster Home with Paws For Seniors! Care for a variety of dogs and cats until they find their furever home, help prepare the pets in your care to get a great start in their new home. Interested? Contact Us today!
Paws For Seniors
P.O. BOX 738
Bealeton, VA 22712