PO Box 1687
3150 Adams Canyon
Jackson WY 83002
307 733 2139
The Animal Shelter provides humane care to, and finds homes for, lost and abandoned companion animals; educates the public regarding responsible animal ownership; and enforces animal regulations.
The Animal Shelter is located south of Jackson, up the hill from the recycling center. The turnoff from the highway is approximately 1.5 miles south of the High School Road / Smith's Grocery Store traffic light, and is a left hand turn coming from that direction. The highway is clearly marked with signs for both the recycling center and the animal shelter. You'll know you're close when you hear the dogs welcoming you!
Monday - Friday 9 am - 6 pm
Closed Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays
The Animal Shelter's basic operating expenses are jointly funded by the Town and County, and administered through the Town of Jackson Police Department. Because it is a municipal entity, it can only accept surrendered animals from Teton County, Wyoming.
Additional services, such as spay/neuter, microchipping, vaccinations, and other medical care, are made possible through donations. We spay/neuter, microchip, and provide vaccinations to all adoptable animals.
1. SO YOU'RE INTERESTED IN AN ANIMAL: At the shelter we look to adopt our animals to loving, suitable, forever homes. We want to ensure that a potential adopter and the animal they are interested in are a good fit for each other. Please consider your housing situation, lifestyle, and financial situation before committing to a furry friend.
2. FINDING THE RIGHT FIT: Shelter staff will either talk with you about your suitability as an adopter, or ask you to fill out an application. We may ask for references. If you are going to be a great home for the animal, we will start the paperwork and get the ball rolling. We do not ship animals.
3. THE ACTUAL ADOPTION: We will review all known medical history of your animal with you, send you home with a goodie bag, and business cards for animal trainers in our area. If you live in Teton County we will issue you a pet license. We will answer any questions you may have and give you as many resources as we can to ensure you and your new pet can enjoy a happy and healthy life together!
4. ONCE YOU TAKE AN ANIMAL HOME: We do not have a foster program, so the first 2 weeks of an adoption are always a trial period. If for any reason you and the animal can't make things work during that first two weeks, you are more than welcome to bring them back to the shelter and we will refund all of your adoption fees.
5. FOREVER AFTER: After the adoption has been finalized at the 2 week mark, we will register your pet's microchip in your name. Please send us pictures and feel free to stop by the shelter for a visit!
The Animal Shelter charges the following fees:
Dog Adoption: $45
Cat Adoption: $30
Prepayment for Rabies: $15
Microchip: $15 (lifetime registration included) Pet License: $5 if fixed, $10 if intact beginning January 1, 2014
Impounds: start at $25, goes up for repeat offenses
We have a successful adoption program, and euthanasia is performed only in the case of terminal illness, serious irreparable injury, or aggression.
Please call, email, or stop in for a visit!