Adopting is easy! We have a dedicated staff of Adoption Counselors to help you through the process.
1. Browse the animal profiles online or just stop in to look around.
2. When you see an animal you like, take some time to interact.
3. Talk to your Adoption Counselor about the animal's personality, history, and what to expect.
4. Once you've decided on a dog or cat, complete the transaction with your Adoption Counselor.
5. Finally, enjoy an abundance of unconditional love!
The Austin Humane Society is Austin's largest non-profit animal adoption shelter. We are dedicated to saving Austin’s homeless cats and dogs, educating our community about responsible pet ownership, and reducing Austin’s pet overpopulation. We offer comprehensive, humane, life-saving animal services, transforming the lives of animals and those who love them.
Because we believe homeless animals deserve a chance to thrive in a loving environment, we offer innovative, nationally recognized programs that save thousands of dogs and cats each year. Our approach includes not only finding them homes, but preventing future homelessness through comprehensive spay/neuter programs.
Monday – Saturday: Noon – 7:00 PM
Sunday: Noon – 5:00 PM
124 W. Anderson Lane
Austin, TX 78752