Genevieve G. Animal Advocacy
***Please email GGAA at firstname.lastname@example.org for an adoption application***
Who We Are
The Genevieve G. Animal Advocacy is a network of volunteers that works in partnership with various Puget Sound animal control agencies and Next to Nature, a local retailer of natural pet products, to advocate for the welfare of companion animals in our region. Our primary activities seek to end the needless euthanasia of healthy cats and kittens (and a limited number of dogs). GGAA’s mission is to provide compassionate and stable foster care until each animal can find his or her forever family. In addition, GGAA supports other rescue organizations in the effort to trap/spay-neuter/release established feral cats.
In Washington State, approximately 60,000 cats and kittens enter shelters each year. Nearly half are euthanized for non-medical reasons while waiting for a forever home that never comes. Many Washington regions even lack the resources of a shelter, leaving local agencies without many options for the thousands of stray animals and unwanted pets that they encounter.
With all these animals in need, GGAA is growing fast! YOU can help GGAA save lives by becoming a new pet guardian, a foster parent, a volunteer or a financial donor.
Many cats and kittens and all dogs are in home-foster care - interested potential guardians must submit an application BEFORE meeting these animals. Other adoptable cats and kittens can meet potential guardians at
Next to Nature in Edmonds, 550 Main Street (425-778-0292),
Next to Nature in Tacoma, 1624 Tacoma Ave (253-779-8141) and
Next to Nature in West Seattle, 4543 California Ave SW (206-935-1134).
Please visit the company website at www.next-to-nature.com for store hours.
Adopting a friend
1. Choose a potential cat to adopt into your family. If the cat is being fostered at one of the Next to Nature locations, please take the opportunity to go meet him/her and their other friends who are also looking for forever homes.
2. Fill out the Adoption Application - available at any Next to Nature location or by emailing email@example.com - & return it to any Next to Nature location or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**For Dogs and Cats/Kittens in long-term home foster care, step 2 must occur before step 1**
3. Your completed application is fowarded to the GGAA Office, where it is reviewed along with other applications.
· Applications are reviewed with the goal of finding the perfect match of cat and responsible, life-long owner to ensure that these wonderful pets live a full and healthy life.
· GGAA volunteers review applications as quickly as possible. However, the office is not staffed daily, so there may be some lag time – Please be patient!
4. Once a volunteer has reviewed your application, another volunteer will call to conduct a brief phone interview & answer any questions you may have about the cat(s), our organization, or the adoption process. The volunteer will also contact personal references (supplied on the application) and your landlord if applicable.
5. If you and cat(s) appear to be a good match, GGAA will schedule a site visit. Two volunteers will visit your home to ensure that there are no domestic issues that conflict with the needs of the cat(s).
6. A volunteer will call to notify you of the Adoption Committee’s decision shortly after the home visit.
One cat = $100
Two or more cat(s) = $80 each
Adoption fees are payable in cash or by check only.
The adoption fee includes:
· Testing for feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) and feline leukemia virus (FeLV).
· Initial vaccinations for feline panleukopenia virus.
· Flea & worm treatment if necessary.
· All cats & kittens are spayed or neutered before adoption is approved.
· 10% off pet supplies at Next to Nature on the day of adoption.
Genevieve G. Animal Advocacy
4519 SW Walker Street
Seattle, WA 98116
Note the above address is an office location ONLY. No animals are present at this site.
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]