Paws in Hands Vol. 3 Cookbook
Our third published cookbook is now ready for purchasing! This special cookbook was compiled by Kindred Souls Foundation volunteers who collected over 395 recipes from family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and other Kindred Souls in the community.
The production cost of the cookbook was covered entirely by a donation made in the name of Ray Wacks. This means 100% of the proceeds (excluding tax) go directly into the care of the Foundation animals!
Our Paws in Hands cookbooks make wonderful, unique gifts. Each section in the cookbook includes a tabbed divider with a Kindred Souls Foundation animal companion (or two!) pictured on it. A page in the front of the book tells a brief background of the animal. Additionally, there are special pages for notes, favorite recipes, and 12 supplemental nutritional pages.
Cost: $12.00/each (includes tax) + shipping
1. Kindred Souls Foundation’s view on adoption: It is our intent to find the most suitable homes for the animals in need of adoption. This requires profiling of the animal and the adopting family. Placing the appropriate animal with the appropriate family will lead to a long-term relationship where both adoptee and adopter will benefit. In most cases, cats are expected to remain indoor only and are not to be de-clawed.
2. Kindred Souls Foundation’s animal companion pre-adoption profile: Each animal from our foundation is placed in a screened foster home where the animal’s needs are assessed and a profile is developed. Our holistic approach to the animal’s care ensures that all components of their being (medical, physical, emotional, and spiritual) are taken into account when finding them the most appropriate home environment.
3. Potential adopter screenings: It is our belief that animal companions should not be placed in a home until all family members have met the potential companion and everyone has had an opportunity to interact with each other. First, an adoption application is completed and submitted and forwarded to the case manager. A meet-and-greet with the animal and all members of the potential adoptive family (including pets) is set up. The potential adoptive family also has an opportunity to talk with the foster family to gain additional insights to the dog's or cat's personality and behavior. A visit to the potential adoptive home is done by a KSF representative. We do not adopt animal companions to homes that show signs of indoor smoking due to the health risks posed to the animal.
In the case of animals being adopted out together we will do two (2) additional home visits within 1-12 months after adoption to ensure they are still together
4. Pre-Adoption Process: After the application has been approved and a visit has been done, the animal companion goes into pre-adopt with the family. The pre-adopt period is when the potential adoptive family takes the animal companion(s) into their own home for approx 5-7 days before the adoption is finalized. This allows the family to see how the animal does in their own home environment before finalizing the adoption. A legal and binding contract will be signed by the potential adopter accepting full responsibility for the animal(s) while in their care during this time period.
5. Meeting the animal companion: appointments to meet the animals are coordinated with the current foster parent and/or a Kindred Souls Foundation representative.
6. Application process: All completed form applications are mailed to:
Kindred Souls Foundation
ATTN: Adoption Services
P.O. Box 88627
Steilacoom, WA 98388
Meet-and-greets with the animal and potential adoptive family and home studies will be scheduled upon reviewing completed applications.
7. Adoption package: All animal companions adopted out of our foundation will have had a Well Pet Exam, be current on vaccines (cats: FVRCP, Rabies; dogs: DHPP, Rabies) according to age, spayed or neutered, de-wormed, treated for fleas, and micro-chipped. All cats are FeLV/FIV combo-tested.
8. Adoption fee: Cats $95; paired cats $175; Dogs $125; paired dogs $200. The intent of our adoption fee is to ensure that a value is attached to the animal companion. While we feel that each animal is actually invaluable, we must ensure for a serious commitment. 100% OF THE ADOPTION FEES GO TOWARDS THE MEDICAL CARE COSTS OF KINDRED SOULS ANIMALS.
Kindred Souls Foundation provides sanctuary to abandoned, abused, and neglected cats and dogs of all ages, a holistic approach to their care, and education on the rewards and responsibilities of animal companionship.
Kindred Souls Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to animal welfare advocacy. Through our specially designed programs, community involvement, and networking with other organizations, we strive to ensure all animals with whom we come into contact are given the opportunity to be loved and well cared for.
Kindred Souls Foundation is 100% Volunteer-run.