Adopting A Friend
Adopting a Friend Is Easy
- Contact the Brownfield Police Department at 806-637-2511 for a Brownfield Animal Control Officer to meet with you at the Brownfield Animal Shelter, so that you can see the current animals up for adoption.
- Meet with the Brownfield Animal Control Officer at the Brownfield Animal Shelter and choose the animal you would like to adopt.
- Take the animal out into the yard to play and see if it likes you.
- When you find the animal you would like to adopt just fill out the adoption application provided by the Brownfield Animal Control Officer.
- Once you have completed the adoption application, make payment to the Brownfield City Hall for the amount of $89.00 dollars. The $89.00 dollar adoption fee pays for the Terry County Veterinarian Clinic Certificate valid for the animal's: Health Check - Up, City Registration Tag, Rabies Vaccination Tag, De-Worming Treatment, and to receive the Spay / Neuter surgery required by Texas State Law.
Who We Are
We are the City of Brownfield Animal Shelter. The animals inside this shelter are impounded by Brownfield Animal Control Officers, Brownfield Police Officers, or Terry County Sheriffs Deputies. These animals are found running at large in the city limits, brought in from outside the city limits, or surrendered to us by their previous owners.
Come Visit Us
We are located in the Coleman Park, southwest of the Brownfield Family Aquatic Center. The Brownfield Animal Shelter is open Monday - Friday / 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Contact City of Brownfield Animal Shelter