The Barnwell County Animal Shelter Foundation is a nonprofit, 501c-3 organization whose mission is to help the animals at the Barnwell County Animal Shelter. We do this in three main ways.
We facilitate adoptions from the Shelter by participating in volunteer transport programs through which Shelter dogs and cats are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, fostered, and then transported to high-rate adoption shelters, many in the North. We post pictures on www.petfinder.com so that our animals can be identified for adoption by other rescue groups. Almost every Saturday morning, we provide the first leg of the transport network—from Barnwell to Columbia. Taking a load of these dogs and cats and knowing that you are helping to save their lives is an amazing experience, and you meet some wonderful people as well as animals!
1. We raise money to improve the conditions at the Shelter. The facility has many needs. Please visit the Shelter so that you can see how much your help is needed.
2. We offer low and no cost spay and neuter, paid for by donations to the Foundation. Spay/Neuter is the ultimate solution to the suffering of so many animals here in Barnwell County, and our mission is to promote responsible pet ownership in every way we can.
We are a small group, but we are dedicated to making the world a better place for our animals. Please join us. The only requirement is that you love animals and want to help stop some of the suffering that exists. We need
* People willing to foster for two to three weeks
* Drivers willing to help transport the animals to Columbia on Saturday mornings,
* Volunteers who are willing to help in any way with which they feel comfortable
* Supplies such as used or new collars, leashes, towels, crates, doghouses, or anything that has to do with animals!
For more information, please call The Property Shop at 803-259-1050 or Dogwood Animal Hospital at 803-259-5606. Remember that all donations are tax-deductible and save lives!
Barnwell County Animal Shelter Foundation
3015 Highway 70
Barnwell , SC 29812
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter