Reign Hail Sheltie Rescue
Our Featured Pet...
PLEASE CONTACT ME IF MY LISTING IS NOT SHOWING UP WITH ANY RESCUES - SOMETIMES THERE ARE GLITCHES. THANKS ELLEN
ONE OF OUR RESCUE STORIES FROM 2007
I was contacted on 8/21 from the Animal rescue league of my county about 22 shelties that were pulled from a private home in god awful conditions. I picked up 17 (3 were adopted out by the rescue league and 2 were in quarantine for biting) of them up and brought them to my home. I worked with several rescues (Jacksonville Sheltie rescue in FL, South Carolina sheltie rescue, Susquehanna Valley Sheltie Collie Rescue, Delaware Puppy Rescue and my own) that offered to help take some into their group.
Since the 1st pick up - I have gone back for a total of 5 more. Hoping this is the end - grand total shelties 25 - we pulled 22.
The majority of these shelties were under 7 mo old and the rest range from 4 - 7 yrs old. All need(ed) to be spayed or neutered etc. Most of these dogs will need mental rehabbing and a lot of TLC.
SUCCESS - all turned out to be wonderful dogs and found great homes!!
Donations are greatly needed - please e-mail me - Ellen Felix @ email@example.com for a mailing address
TEN THINGS A DOG ASK OF ITS FAMILY
1. My life is likely to last 10 -15 yrs. Any permanent separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you obtain me.
2. Do not break my spirit with harsh treatment. Your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me learn.
3. Teach me how you want me to behave. I want to please you, but I need to know how. It's critical for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and do not lock me up as a punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have you and I like being with you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand the tone of your voice when you are speaking to me, especially when you use friendly tones.
6. Be aware that I am normally a social animal; however, I need to make positive associations at a young age to feel confident and well-adjusted around other dogs and humans.
7. Remember I need activity, both mental and physical. I enjoy playing games, taking walks and going on a run.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something may be bothering me. Perhaps I am not getting the right food. I may be bored. I may need medical attention or I may be getting old. Keep in mind I respond very well to praise and attention.
9. Take care of me when I get old; you , too, will grown old.
10. Remember that I only want to love and please you, so treat me kindly. No heart is more grateful.
Who We Are
Reign & Hail Sheltie Rescue is a nonprofit volunteer organization that helps unwanted or abandoned Shelties. All Shelties are given necessary veterinary care, spayed or neutered, vaccinated, and their temperament evaluated. All adoptive homes are carefully screened to ensure the best possible match. Fenced yards are a requirement for the safety of our dogs. Reign & Hail Sheltie Rescue is directed by Ellen Felix. We serve the Berks County/Reading, PA area and surrounding counties.
Adopting a friend
Always inquire - sometimes we have shelties in our foster homes or know of some coming in and not ever have to post - e-mails and appliactions already on file.
2010 ADOPTION FEE UPDATE - $300 FOR PUPPIES UPTO AGE 1, $250 FOR AGES 1 - 9 AND SENIORS 10 AND OVER $200.
KEEPING IN MIND YOU ARE GETTING A FULLY VETTED AND ALTERED PET.
Come Visit Us!
NEW WEB SITE
Reign Hail Sheltie Rescue
E-MAILS ONLY FOR INQUIRIES - OFTEN RESCUES ARE IN FOSTER HOMES AND E-MAILS ARE SENT TO THE FOSTER MOM FOR REVIEW AND POTENTIAL CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]
Click to see our pets!
We/ve been adopted!!