Did you know you can become a member of the Northumberland Humane Society? For only $20 a year, you recieve our quarterly newsletter, discounts at various establishments throughout Northumberland County, and voting rights at our AGM. By becoming a member, you help ensure the future of the abused and unwanted animals of Northumberland County. To become a member, send a cheque to the Humane Society, or stop by with your $20 membership fee.
Global Ryan's is donating 10% of their sales on any item in the store on the first Tuesday of every month (excluding sale itmes)! Please join the community on helping to save the Northumberland Humane Society.
- Permanent homes for our adoptable pets!
- Advantage Flea Treatment and/or Revolution
- Wood shavings
- Rabbit pellets and treats
- Medical supplies: ie: Q-tips, rubbing alcohol, antibiotic ointment(animal friendly), Ear wash etc.
- Canned dog and cat food
- Cat litter (clay litter, please no clumping!)
- Durable toys for dogs (Kongs, tennis balls, etc.)
- Painting/repair supplies (paint brushes, paint, tools, etc,) As we are all trying to spruce up the place (staff and volunteers).
- Volunteers who are able to come in once a week to walk dogs, or help us out with morning cleaning!!!
- Volunteers willing to sit on the fundraising committee and willing to take part in organizing and participating in various fundraisers - contact Sarah Lennox at the shelter for more info!
- Monetary donations as the shelter is very low on funding this year!
This list is updated weekly in order to receive the items that we are in the most need of. Any and all donations are very much appreciated by all of the animals and the staff of the Northumberland Humane Society!
We do not operate animal control, nor do we take in stray animals. If you have lost or found an animal in the Northumberland area, please call the Shelter of Hope at 905-885-7808, which is located on Theater Rd., in Cobourg. If you are outside of this area, please call your local animal control or pound.
Kittens - $160.00 Puppies - $250.00 Cats - $120.00 Dogs - $200.00 This fee includes the animal being spayed/neutered, the first vaccinations, rabies vaccinations (if 4 months or older), flea treatment, de-worming, and a bath if necessary.