Thank you for contacting Freedom Rescue (FR). Our goal is to adopt a rescue dog into a safe and loving home where it will be treated as part of the family. If you want to obtain a pet quickly, then FR is not the right place to look. We are a very small rescue and obtain our puppies/dogs from puppy mills for commercial breeding. We get them out and give them freedom to be dogs. .
We put the welfare of our rescues before anything else and therefore have a process we follow to be sure the dog gets his perfect home.
We are a small, dedicated group of volunteers who spend hours working for the good of these rescued dogs. They spend their own money and time making phone calls; traveling throughout the state of Ohio as well as other states to pick up Puppymill Rescues as well as attending auctions in other states which entails hotel rooms, food and gas; and doing home visits and trips to vets. All of this so that every dollar given to Freedom Rescue is used for our puppy mill rescues. Thank you for contacting us. We wish you good luck in your search for a new companion to enrich your life.
Listed below are some guidelines to familiarize you with our adoption process:
1. You must be 21 years of age.
2. Please fill out and submit an Application for Adoption so we can learn more about you and your family. Please e-mail us at email@example.com to obtain a copy or click on the link below to download a copy.. A $25 check for processing costs is also necessary. If you adopt one of our rescues, this amount is deducted from the adoption fee. If you are not selected, the check will be destroyed. It will not be cashed unless an adoption from us takes place.
3. After your application is received, you will be interviewed. Another volunteer will call your references and veterinarian and speak with them; then a determination will be made as to whether to continue the adoption application process. If we decide to continue a home visit will be scheduled if possible. You should be notified within two weeks if you are approved or not.
4. After approval, arrangements will then be made for you to contact the foster family and meet the dog you want. We do not ship dogs to their new families. You will have to travel to where that dog is being fostered which is either Cleveland or Detroit suburbs If everything goes well and you and the dog like each other the adoption takes place and a signed contract of adoption is necessary. In this contract you will agree that if, for any reason, you decide not to keep your rescue, the rescue will come back to us. We do not give refunds.
5. Adoption Fees: Our adoption fees vary ; if applicable, a spay/neuter agreement is signed along with a deposit of $100 which is refunded when proof of spay/neuter is given. The fees help to recoup expenses such as costs to obtain the dog, vaccinations, heartworm and rabies testing, spay/neuter if age specific and a health certificate for airline travel, etc. This is necessary to enable Freedom Rescue to save other animals in need. 100% of funds collected are used for rescuing and helpng our rescued animals.
Click here to download a Freedom Rescue adoption application.