WE ARE IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS!
Can you spare a few hours one morning or evening a week to help with cat feeding at our colony? You'll find the work very gratifying . Our cats depend on us, and we depend on you.
Other ways you can volunteer:
- Foster a couple kittens or a street cat for a couple weeks in your home to get them ready for adoption.
- Learn to trap street cats and help in a very hands-on way
- Make a run to pick up a food, litter and/or supplies
- Help prepare and write grant proposals
- Convince a friend to adopt a stray rather than buy from a breeder
- Organize an office collection for LeCats on the Water. Any amount of donation is appreciated
- Secure raffles for our flea market
Please contact us if you are available to assist us.
Adopting A Friend
Who We Are
Le Cats on the Water is a non-profit organization based in northeast Queens, New York.
We are a 501(c)3 Charity consisting of a group of volunteers who care for local feral cat colonies using trap-neuter-release (TNR) practices. TNR is the method of humanely trapping feral cats, having them spayed or neutered, vaccinated for rabies and then returning them to their colony to live out their lives. TNR also involves a colony caretaker who provides food, adequate shelter and monitors the cats’ health. TNR has been shown to be the least costly as well as the most efficient and humane way of stabilizing feral cat populations.
Our volunteers also teach the use of TNR practices throughout northeast Queens.
Contact Le Cats on the Water