Your donation will go directly to Friends of BCAS, a 501(c)3 organization, and will enable us to continue helping the shelter find loving homes for these animals.
Animal Help Desk
Contact our support volunteers for answers to difficult pet behavior questions.
We're here to help!
|Special cats seeking EXTRAORDINARY adopters:|
|Special dogs seeking EXTRAORDINARY adopters:|
The Burlington County Animal Shelter is a county facility supported by animal control contracts with local municipalities and the county taxpayers. It is used as a shelter for stray dogs, cats and other small animals for a short term stay in accordance with Title 8, Chapter 23. All stray animals not claimed by owners or adopted will be kept for at least the state-mandated 7 days.
Animals will not be euthanized unless: the shelter is beyond capacity, for disease control purposes as specified by the Veterinarian, if they are surrendered by their legal owners for humane euthanasia, if they are severely ill or aged, if they are feral (not in a TNR program), or if they are aggressive, biting animals and/or are not suitable for adoption as determined by the Animal Adoption Advocates and/or the Health Officer.
Where We Are:
- Burlington County Animal Shelter
- County Facilities Complex - Woodlane Road
- 35 Academy Drive
- Westampton, NJ 08060
- Phone for adoption info: 609-265-5073
- Thursday 12pm - 7pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 12pm - 4pm
- Holidays closed
- $75 for Dogs
- $100 for Puppies (under 6 months)
- $45 for Cats
- $60 for Kittens (under 6 months)
Adoption fees waived for:
Burlington County Veterans, Seniors (60+), and county employees.
Contact the shelter for other rates.
Adoption Fees Include:
Basic medical examination
Test for Feline AIDS and Feline Leukemia (cats only)
Test for Heartworm (dogs only)
The Shelter animals appreciate donations of the following items:
Dog and cat food (canned and dry)
Dog and cat toys and treats
Kitten formula and small bottles
Cat litter (non-clumping only)
Hot dogs and peanut butter
Men's tube socks
Slip lead-type dog leashes
Plastic zipper seal bags (sandwich and gallon size)
Black Kongs and Nylabones
Liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer
Bleach or other disinfectants
Liquid laundry soap (regular and high efficiency)
Fragrant or odor eliminating products (sprays or plug-in fillers)
Blankets, towels and washcloths
Metal kitchen utensils
Cat flea medicine
New or used t-shirts
Please Visit the Shelter:
(View Map Here)
Directions from NJ north or south:
From NJ Turnpike:
- Take exit 5.
- Go to traffic light, make right onto Route 541.
- Go through first traffic light.
- Take jughandle before next light to Woodlane Road.
- Turn right at stop sign.
- Turn right at second traffic light (Pioneer Blvd).
- Turn left onto Academy Drive.
- Follow signs to Animal Shelter
From Interstate 295:
- Take exit 45A.
- Turn left at third traffic light (Irick Road).
- Turn right at next traffic light (Woodlane Road).
- Turn left at next traffic light (Pioneer Blvd).
- Turn left on Academy Drive.
- Follow signs to Animal Shelter.
* For GPS purposes, enter address as 15 Pioneer Blvd instead of 35 Academy Drive. Follow directions as above.
BCAS vs. BCAA
The Burlington County Animal Shelter and the Burlington County Animal Alliance are two completely separate organizations.
We are the County Shelter, located in Westampton, NJ. The Alliance is an animal rescue and foster organization which does its best to save endangered animals who have run out of time, including those at our Shelter.
[Petfinder Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]