Burlington County Animal Shelter Adoptable Pets:
|Want to volunteer?
You must be 18 years or older to handle animals.
Your donation will go directly to Friends of BCAS, a 501(c)3 organization, and will enable us to continue helping the shelter find loving homes for these animals.
Animal Help Desk
Contact our support volunteers for answers to difficult pet behavior questions.
We're here to help!
|Special cats seeking EXTRAORDINARY adopters:|
|Special dogs seeking EXTRAORDINARY adopters:|
The Burlington County Animal Shelter is a county facility supported by animal control contracts with local municipalities and the county taxpayers. It is used as a shelter for stray dogs, cats and other small animals for a short term stay in accordance with Title 8, Chapter 23. All stray animals not claimed by owners or adopted will be kept for at least the state-mandated 7 days.
Where We Are:
- Burlington County Animal Shelter
- County Facilities Complex - Woodlane Road
- 35 Academy Drive
- Westampton, NJ 08060
- Phone for adoption info: 609-265-5073
- Thursday 12-7 p.m.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12-4 p.m.
- Holidays closed
- $75 for Dogs
- $100 for Puppies (under 6 months)
- $45 for Cats
- $60 for Kittens (under 6 months)
Adoption fees waived for:
Burlington County Veterans, Seniors (60+), and county employees.
Contact the shelter for other rates.
Adoption Fees Include:
- Basic medical examination
- Distemper vaccination
- Rabies vaccination
- Parasite treatment
The Shelter animals appreciate donations of the following items:
- Dog and cat food (canned and dry)
- Dog and cat toys and treats
- Kitten formula and small bottles
- Cat litter (non-clumping only)
- Hot dogs and peanut butter
- Men's tube socks
- Slip lead-type dog leashes
- Plastic zipper seal bags (sandwich and gallon size)
- Black Kongs and Nylabones
- Catnip spray
- Liquid hand soap and hand sanitizer
- Bleach or other disinfectants
- Liquid laundry soap (regular and high efficiency)
- Dryer sheets
- Fragrant or odor eliminating products (sprays or plug-in fillers)
- Paper towels
- Blankets, towels and washcloths
- Karo syrup
- Metal kitchen utensils
- Cat flea medicine
- New or used t-shirts
Please Visit the Shelter:
(View Map Here)
Directions from NJ north or south:
From NJ Turnpike:
- Take exit 5.
- Go to traffic light, make right onto Route 541.
- Go through first traffic light.
- Take jughandle before next light to Woodlane Road.
- Turn right at stop sign.
- Turn right at second traffic light (Pioneer Blvd).
- Turn left onto Academy Drive.
- Follow signs to Animal Shelter
From Interstate 295:
- Take exit 45A.
- Turn left at third traffic light (Irick Road).
- Turn right at next traffic light (Woodlane Road).
- Turn left at next traffic light (Pioneer Blvd).
- Turn left on Academy Drive.
- Follow signs to Animal Shelter.
* For GPS purposes, enter address as 15 Pioneer Blvd instead of 35 Academy Drive. Follow directions as above.
[Petfinder Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]