Kids want reptiles but parents say NO WAY!!!!
Well ask About our Reptile shows where we come to a place of your choice with a variety of animals for you kids to learn about see and in some cases hold and touch!!!!
And what makes it great is it makes the children happy and also th parents because we leave with what we bring...LOL
Also any events booked are considered donations and can be used as a charitable donation...
We at Midgard Serpents Reptile Rescue are committed to finding caring, knowledgeable homes for the animals in our care. Many come to us from abusive or neglectful situations, and we want to make sure that never happens to them again. In order to better screen new homes for our fosters, we require all potential adopters to complete the application and screening process.
1. WE WILL NOT SHIP ANIMALS...PICKUP IS REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Applicant must fill in an adoption contract completely.
THIS CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM OR WEBSITE IN THE FORMS SECTION
The more details you can give us when we talk to you about adopting , the better! Please be as specific as possible (ie: when describing what you would feed an iguana, please tell us specific foods, don’t just state ‘greens’ or ‘insects’
2. Applicants MUST be 18 or older. We cannot legally adopt to minors. We will sometimes consider adopting to younger people, but in these cases the parent or guardian must also complete the application process, and the parent/guardian must be the legal adopter.
4.Applicant must be adopting the animal for themselves, as a pet. We will NOT adopt out animals as gifts for others, or to be used for research, zoos, etc. These are pet animals only.
5.Applicant must provide a veterinary reference. We need to know that you have a vet who is capable of caring for exotic animals and their special needs.
6.Applicants must demonstrate a THOROUGH understanding of the needs of the animals they are applying for. Please do the research FIRST! If you are not sure about something, please ask us. We are more than willing to work with you to help you learn more about the animal you want to adopt. As long as you are willing to work with us and to learn, we will be glad to adopt to you when we feel you are ready.
7.In some cases, we may require a home visit prior to final adoption approval.
8.Applicant must be able to provide financially for any animals they wish to adopt. Will we ask you how much you make? Heck no! But we will give you a breakdown on the costs of the animal you want to adopt so you know what you will need to cover. Remember, reptiles, turtles, and other exotics need to see the vet for a yearly checkup just like dogs and cats.
1. Applicants must fill out and submit an application form completely. Incomplete forms will be rejected.
2. Midgard Serpents Reptile Rescue will review your application and contact you if we have any questions or need something clarified.
3. If the animal is a Midgard Serpents Reptile Rescue Foster, the member fostering the animal will contact you. We may request a home visit or telephone interview at this point.
4. If the animal is NOT a Midgard Serpents Reptile Rescue, your application will be forwarded to the current owner for their review. The owner will make the final decision of whether or not to adopt.
5. If all goes well, we will arrange the adoption of the animal you selected.
6. Midgard Serpents Reptile Rescue does charge an adoption fee for all animals located in our shelter. Fees vary depending on species and age and amount of care given.
Hello, Welcome to Midgard Serpents Reptile Rescue,
We serve NC for Adoptions and all of the USA for surrenders
We Provide Services to rehabilitate and re-home unwanted or sick Reptiles, Amphibians, Turtles and Invertebrates of all kinds to find them forever homes or relocation to proper facilities like refuges and zoo's as well as providing the community with educational sessions to help not only diminish the fear people associate with these animals but to give others a chance to experience being around these animals as well !!!
We are a family that operates this company through our own personal funds and the donations we receive from people like you... We do not deal with dogs and cats like a lot of other rescue groups. We like the more exotic and difficult animal placement of the reptiles From Crocs to spiders and anything in between!!!
We are a North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission licensed wildlife rehabilitation center and we are also recognized by the National Amphibian and Reptile Rescue Alliance and work closely with helping out a lot of the areas animal control centers and have even helped out the NC Museum of natural science as well...
We are a Federal 501-c(3) Corporation Registered with the state of NC as a 55a Non-Profit Organization as well...
If there is anything else you would like to know about us feel free to send us an e-mail or give us a call and we will do our best to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have...
You can visit our website at
for full forums / Q&A / reptile chat and many other informational things to see