Check out our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Great-Dane-Rescue-of-the-Carolinas/202401195796 to see what we are up to!!!
Its easy to fall in love with a Great Dane. When you do, we want to make sure you understand the process for adopting a Great Dane from our rescue.
Unlike many animal shelters, we do not do same-day adoptions. Adopting a large-breed animal should never be an impulse decision. Caring for an animal who has been rescued for any reason may require extra time and attention. They will definitely require a place to run & play safely, training (or retraining) on some of their manners, and people who love them. Our goal is to be a matchmaker for you and the Dane you love.
We encourage you to visit with the Dane during our open houses on more than one occasion. As you narrow down the selections, bring your children or other pets for a visit to be sure everyone gets along. We recommend bringing children and other pets separately.
How to adopt:
For more information on Adopting a rescue dog, please email us at email@example.com.
The GDRC Board reserves the right to make the final decisions in all adoption approvals.
Great Dane Rescue of the Carolinas, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to placing abandoned Great Danes from North and South Carolina in safe & loving homes.
Founded in 1991, Great Dane Rescue of the Carolinas, Inc. is devoted to saving beautiful gentle giants and educating the public on the growing problem with abandonment, abuse, and surrender. We are a no-kill sanctuary and support spay neuter programs.
Great Dane Rescue of the Carolina's is funded 100% by donations. With an ever growing number of dogs in need, we need continued support and assistance for medical care & housing during the adoption process.
Dedicated to placing abandoned Danes from North and South Carolina in safe environments where they can receive the care and affection they deserve.
Our adoption philosophy is simple:
We find people for Great Danes, not Great Danes for people.
Though our primary focus is on Great Danes, we may occasionally rescue another large-breed dog from a harmful situation.
Great Dane Rescue of the Carolinas, Inc. show dogs by appointment only. Please check the Events Calendar for details on this and other special events. Volunteers will be available to introduce you to the available Danes, answer your questions or take applications for adoption.
We love pets, we ask that you leave your pets at home on the first visit. Animals, like people, have unique personalities and we want you to get acquainted with each animal one on one. Once you have made your selection and are in the adoption process, we can discuss the plan to introduce your dog to his or her new friend. Any pet brought to the rescue must be on a leash.
About your visit:
1. You MUST sign-in before entering our facility.
2. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
3. NEVER allow children to put their hands inside any pen.
4. DO NOT allow your children to run and shout. Although this is perfectly acceptable behavior at a playground, such behavior may be unsafe in a rescue environment.
5. DO NOT, in any way, tease or try to excite the animals.
6. NEVER open any pen door.
7. NEVER enter any pen without a volunteer to assist you and NEVER put your hands in a pen.
8. Our volunteers are here to help you. Please ask for assistance if someone doesn't offer.
9. If you see an Dane that you are interested in, notify a volunteer who will assist you in spending time with the chosen dog. Our volunteers will also answer any questions you may have.
10. If you do not find the right Dane for you today, please continue to check on our Available for Adoption listing at www.greatdanerescue.org. Please also come back to visit us during an open house. New dogs come to GDRC all the time.