Unchained Melodies Dog Rescue
Our Featured Pet...
Who We Are
Unchained Melodies Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to freeing the chained/penned dog, and bringing our 'best friend' into the home and family, advocating against animal abuse and neglect and to bring Man's Best Friend into the home as a family pet.
Our organization is an anti-chaining/pennind organization. We are an educate, legislate and rescue the back yard dog and any dog in a life threatening situation. Unchained Melodies is a registered 501c3 nonprofit group and licensed in the State of Missouri by the Dpt. of Ag . We are working to change laws and educate society that it's not OK for a dog to live chained or penned. Dogs long to be part of the family, they are not lawn ornaments, they are living beings deserving of love and respect. Please consider adopting a previously chained dog today.
For the latest information on our programs, fundraisers and available dog for adoption and how you can help, please visit our website Unchained Melodies Inc.. Also, please visit our Face Book page Unchained Melodies Dog Rescue, follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
Adopting a friend
If you'd like to adopt one of our dogs, please fill out the adoption application.
Adoption procedures include an adoption application, reference check, home check and adoption contract.
The Adoption fee for Unchained Melodies Dog Rescue is $150.00. All dogs adopted to their new caretakers will be up to date on shots, tested and treated for heartworms and any other worms and/or parasites or health issues that we are aware of, spayed/neutered, and micro chipped.
You may e-mail or call the contact person found on the Pet Finder page directly to find out more about a particular pet.
Unchained Melodies would love to have you as a volunteer!!
Where do your strengths lie? Do you have a passion for helping dogs? Do you have a dog in the community living this way, and need to do something about it? Let us know what you'd like to do to help. Volunteers are available to answer your questions and advise you as to how you can help in the community.
Here are some concrete ways to make a difference TODAY:
firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer in many of the following ways:
1. Get brochures and put them out in your area, vets offices, restaurants, travel plazas, feed stores and pet shops.
2. Work to change laws. Very important! Sign up to be notified when County and City board meetings are to be held. Making an appearance and showing support for stronger laws in the Community is essential.
3. Print and hang our 11x17 posters or flyers and hang them all around your town, grocery stores, laundromats, telephone poles.in your neighborhood.
4. Get donations or negotiate a free billboard in your local area with our 2004 billboard design.
5. Volunteer for tabling events and fundraisers.
6. Become a Foster Parent!
7. Provide "home checks" for other Foster Parents.
8. If you are already involved in a youth group or have access to speaking in classrooms or libraries, please contact Melody Whitworth at email@example.com to set-up a presentation to help education our younger citizens about the detriments of chaining dogs in our community.
Come Visit Us
Unchained Melodies Dog Rescue
Columbia, MO 65203
Phone: (239) 213-8174
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]