We are a MN nonproift animal advocacy program, STAARRS of MN, which stands for Saving Them All Animal Rescue, Rehab, and Sanctuary. This organization's primary focus is on feral cat populations. (We do not take surrenders). STAARRS of MN occasionally has friendly cats available for adoption. All of the cats we care for are stray or feral cats who have been live-trapped. Generally, we are only able to trap cats once we have received a completed Barn Cat Application so that we may place the cats we catch. This is because we do not have space availble to house the cats in the meantime. If we happen to trap an unowned, friendly cat, he/she is put in a foster home and put up for adoption via Petfinder.com.
STAARRS of MN is a strictly foster based rescue. If interested in adopting an animal, please request an adoption application by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please "Like" our Facebook page!: https://www.facebook.com/STAARRSMN
All cat suggested adoption fee's are $100.00. (We do not always have set adoption fees). We pay well over $100 per cat so a larger donation is greatly appreciated so that we can contintue to help more animals in need. (We absolutely consider lower than $100 adoption fees in certain circumstances). Please call, if interested in adopting, regardless of whether the listed adoption fee is feasible to you or not. (Fees for feral and/or barn cats are lower). Thank you!
If you have an overpopulation of cats in your area that are not spayed/neutered, you may inquire for info and help.
If you are in crisis and need temporary foster care for your animal (and can take your pet back once you are out of your crisis situation), please contact Foster My Pet: http://www.fostermypet.org/contactus.html
PLEASE SPAY/NEUTER YOU PETS! (Approx. 5 million pets are euthanized each year b/c there are not enough people willing to open their homes to them!) Don't buy or breed; ADOPT!
Please donate by going to our fundraiser here:
Please send cash/check donations to:
STAARRS of MN
C/O: Katie Winkelman
1640-40th St. N
Sartell, MN 56377
(Checks can be made payable to either of the following:
Katie Winkelman, memo: STAARRS/cat sanctuary,
STAARRS of MN
Name/Breed:________________ __ Age:_____ ___
Color/Markings:________ __ Sex:________ __
As Adopter, I agree to the following:
1. To allow a representative of STAARRS of MN to visit my premises to insure the terms of this agreement have been kept/I allow STAARRS of MN to conduct a home visits at a mutually convenient time when necessary (home visit is required for adoption);
2. The Animal will not be kept strictly outdoors; (I agree that this animal is being adopted as a family pet. He/she will have extensive house privileges, will sleep inside the house, and will not be kept solely in the yard).
3. I agree to provide this animal with proper food, water, shelter and necessary veterinary treatment.
4. The Animal will not be kept on a chain;
5. The Animal is not to be fed to another animal (human or non-human)
6. The Animal will be provided with adequate fresh food and water, clean, dry shelter when outside;
7. The animal is not to have any cosmetic surgeries such as de-clawing, ear cropping, tail docking, etc.
8. To obey all applicable laws governing control and custody of animals;
9. To provide all medical care and treatment needed by the Animal including but not limited to: yearly medical checkups and vaccines, and preventative heartworm medication. (This all must happen within a timely manner);
10. To adopt the Animal only as a personal pet/companion and not as a gift, working animal, experiment, or guard dog;
11. The Animal is not be sold or given away for any reason. If I can no longer keep the animal, I will notify STAARRS of MN IMMEDIATELY and will work with STAARRS of MN to place the animal in an approved home. However, I understand that the adoption fee is non-refundable.
12. If the Animal has not been spayed/neutered at the time of this adoption, I agree to have the surgery done by __________. (Veterinary proof of surgery is required). In the event I do not have the Animal altered by the date agreed upon then ownership of the Animal shall revert to STAARRS of MN upon demand. If STAARRS concludes that the animal is not able to be spayed/neutered, I agree to never, under any circumstances, breed the animal.
13. I understand that STAARRS of MN is not making any representations or warranties about the animal’s temperament or behavior.
14. No negative reinforcement training methods are to be used on the animal. (Shock collars, bark collars, e-collars, choke chains, prong collars, physical punishment).
15. Feed wet food on a daily basis, (if adopting a feline).
15. 16. If I change my address or telephone number, I will notify STAARRS of MN within three (3) weeks of my new address, cell and/or home telephone number, as well as email address.
16. 17. I acknowledge and agree that STAARRS of MN is not responsible for any injury, damage, or harm caused by this animal, and I hereby release STAARRS of MN from any and all liability for any injury, damage, harm, expense or liability I incur relating to this animal. I also agree to indemnify STAARRS of MN from any and all such claims and to pay, without limitation, any costs related to such injury, damage, or liability, including, in the case of litigation, any attorneys’ fees incurred by STAARRS of MN in its defense.
17. 18. I understand that STAARRS of MN may reclaim the animal if, in its opinion, any of the above conditions are not being met. I understand that I will be liable for any fees and costs incurred by STAARRS of MN arising out of the enforcement of this contract.
18. 19. This contract is intended to be a complete statement of the understanding between STAARRS of MN and me.
STAARRS of MN assumes no responsibility nor shall they be held liable for any damages caused by the adopted Animal to property, person or other pets. If any medical problems should occur after adoption, STAARRS of MN is not liable for any medical bills.
As Adopter, I agree to accept full responsibility for the care of this animal releasing the previous owner as well as STAARRS of MN and its representatives of any liability from this date forward.
I agree to abide by the adoption conditions and realize that I am committed to this animal for his/her life. I have read and fully understand that STAARRS of MN may repossess this animal at any time if the adoption conditions are violated or the animal is mistreated.
This adoption contract is entered into this _____ day of _____, 2016.
ADOPTER'S FULL NAME__________________________________________________________________
DRIVERS LICENSE #___________________________________
ADDRESS_____________________________________________________ CITY_________________________________________ STATE_________ ZIP__________
TELEPHONE NO.______________________ CELL NO._______________________
ADOPTER'S DONATION FEE________________
STAARRS of MN AGENT [OR WITNESS] _____________________________________________________________________________________DATE_______________________________________
We do not take owner surrenders, but primarily exist to help feral cats.
We are a tiny, non-profit, foster-based animal rescue for many abandoned, abused, and neglected animals. We receive zero funds from anywhere, yet we continue to vaccinate, spay/neuter, and care for everyone who enters our care to the fullest. If you would like to donate to assist in covering some of the vet costs, it would be more than greatly appreciated. Please send cash/check donations to:
STAARRS of MN
C/O: Katie Winkelman
1640-40th St. N
Sartell, MN 56377
Or donate online:
What we live by:
A young girl was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watch her with amusement.
She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, "Little girl, why are you doing this? Look at this beach? You can't save all these starfish. You can't begin to make a difference!"
The girl seemed crushed suddenly deflated. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied,
"Well, I made a difference for that one."
The old man looked at the girl inquisitively and thought about what she had done and said. Inspired, he joined the little girl in throwing starfish back into the sea. Soon others joined, and all the starfish were saved.
We are a no-kill rescue!
This is our working definition of a no-kill:
STAARRS of MN, Inc. is a strictly foster based rescue. To foster or meet animals for adoption, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before meeting an animal, one must first be approved for adoption.