Cherryland Humane Society
A responsible, loving, and permanent home for EVERY pet, and a heightened public awareness of the benefits of pets to mankind.
Our Featured Dog...
MOLLY, thats me; and I gotta tell you, I am kind of worried. I am wondering if anyone will want me. I am 8 years old, but really that is not very old for us terrier types! And I chase cats and not always in a playful kind of way. With humans, I am friendly, happy, affectionate and playful. I am housebroken and like sleeping in my own bed. I walk well on a leash, like riding in cars, I will however, need to be the only pet in the home without children. My dirty little secret, I like to raid the garbage, but I know that is easily dealt with!
Our Featured Cat...
Beautiful SUKI! Here I am at the shelter, where I have been living since November 2014 yes, you read that right 2014! I love my caretakers here but really want to go to my very own home with my very own family. My name means beloved in Japanese, and I like to think I am deserving of that name. I am very affectionate and lovable but also as a 2 1/2 year old kitty, have plenty of playful energy. I like to be the leading lady so dont want to share my humans with other kitties maybe thats selfish, but thats me. I also tend to be a bit opinionated and like to do things on my own terms. Like sometimes I really dont like to be picked up, as it can make me feel uncomfortable. Because of this, the shelter staff believes I would do best in a home where everyone respects my boundaries and lets me determine how we will interact. I will need time and patience to adjust to life outside the shelter. After all, it has been my home for more than half my life. I just keep hoping someone will come by and decide I am the girl for them. A girl like me really deserves the best of the best!
Our hours of operation:
Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Who We Are...
- A 501 C3 nonprofit organization
- Independent - not affiliated with any other organization or governmental agency
- Dependent upon donations, fund raising activities, estates, planned giving, memorials, and occasional grants for operation
- Funds received are used locally
- We receive no government funding for operations
- Not political in nature
- Not activist in nature
- We deal only with puppies, dogs, kittens, and cats
Working to provide a bright and positive future for all pets!
Adopting a Friend...
Our Adoption Fees
Dogs and Puppies: $150
Cats and Kittens: $75
Please remember when adopting a pet:
- Although puppies are cute and cuddly, they require a great deal of time, patience, money, and understanding.
- Do some research on the breeds you are interested in to ensure that they will be a right match for your home, family, and lifestyle.
- We do not have a vet on staff, and, while we can recognize and treat some illnesses, we cannot be held responsible for any unknown condition.
- Our animals are adopted out for the purpose of being family pets. We do NOT adopt animals out to be fought, bred, or live solely outside.
-Pets are expensive and frequently have unexpected expenses. If you are unprepared or unable to pay a surprise vet bill that could total over several hundred dollars, adding a pet to the family may not be financially feasible for you.
Come Visit Us!
Cherryland Humane Society
1750 Ahlberg Rd.
Traverse City, MI 49696
Phone: (231) 946-5116
Fax: (231) 946-3299
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]