LOOKING FOR YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND? CHECK OUT THE DOGS AND CATS WE HAVE AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION!
General information for pet owners and potential adopters in Ingham County.
DONATIONS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!Items needed.
Lost your pet? Click here for a complete list of animals at the shelter. Pet Inventory.
Lost pet and Redemption fees.
Licensing your dog in Ingham County.
Interested in Adopting a pet from the shelter/Adoption application .
Pet Care and Proper housing for your outdoor dog.
Please come see all the wonderful dogs and cats here at the shelter. Adopting a homeless pet is very rewarding .
For great information about animals click on the icon below!
The shelter takes in over 5,000 animal every year, many of these, become adoptable to the general public. We often have cats, dogs, kittens, puppies, rabbits, rats, snakes, and sometimes a turtle or two.
The Ingham County Animal Shelter maintains close relationships with many of the local rescue groups and citizen volunteers. We offer progressive adoption programs, humane education, mobile adoption events, in shelter enrichment programs, TLC care for special needs pets, cruelty and dog fighting investigations, community vaccination clinics.
Please consider adopting a rabbit from your local shelter.
1. Select an Animal which interests you.
2. Check with the office staff to see if it is currently available for adoption. Please have the animal ID number and pet's name for fastest service.
3. We neuter or spay and rabies vaccinate ALL animals adopted from this facility .
4. All dogs and cats adopted from ICAC have a microchip.
5. All dogs will either be licensed or a deposit taken for licensing at the time of adoption. These monies are a included in the adoption fee to the shelter. If the dog goes outside the county the license must be purchased and a receipt show to the shelter for a refund of the deposit money.
6. There are suggestions on the placement of puppies and kittens in homes with small children. Please see your veterinarian for details.
7. Our refund policy requires that you have your pets Vet checked within 48 business hours of adoption. Plese have your receipt and/ or statement from your veterinarian available if it becomes necessary to return the pet and request a refund due to a medical problem. We work hard to ensure the pet and adoptive family are satisfied with the relationship.
8. Additional vaccinations, physical examination, and laboratory tests must be given as recommended by your veterinarian. You are responsible for any additional costs which may be incurred for these services.
Hours of shelter operation:
Tuesday and Wednesday 12:00-6:00pm
Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 11:00am to 4:00pm
Closed on Holidays, Sundays, and Mondays