We require an application prior to meeting any of our animals, unless you are coming to an event. We will have one available there. This helps us know what you are looking for therefore we waste less time showing you dogs we know won't be a good fit. We then have a meet and greet with potential dogs, resident dogs, and children that live or frequent the home. Please limit phone calls between 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Happy Searching!!!
We are a small group of dedicated animal lovers who share the goal of making the lives of shelter animals better. We take them in and prepare them for adoption. Our group tries to find the perfect match for dog/cat and family. We help educate people on questions they have regarding problems with their animals with intentions of keeping the animals in their homes and out of the kill shelters!
We take in dogs and cats from high kill shelters. We do not take in wildlife. For concerns about wildlife, please follow this link http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/5492.htm
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FIND A STRAY!
1. Post on facebook group "Indianapolis Lost Pet Alert". Try to include a photo.
2. Take it to a vet to get scanned for a microchip.
3. The stray animal must be reported to your local Animal Control within 48 hours. You may also take the animal there. Owner's will not always call every rescue group looking for their dog/cat but they will call the city's shelter, most times.
4. You may not rehome the pet, immediately. The stray hold for citizens and rescues is 30 days.
5. Whether you can foster the pet until you find an owner or you have to take it to the shelter, hang flyers in the found location, with contact info of where the pet is.
We have adoption events every Saturday and Sunday from 10-2 and Wednesdays from 6-8, the location is as follows: 6819 W. 21st St. Indianapolis, In. 46214 (Turn in at the pink mailbox- located in the back of the property, behind J&J Grooming)
We also have adoption events on certain weekends at Tractor Supply in Plainfield. So PLEASE keep an eye out on Facebook and we will post on there when, where and a time!
You can visit our website for more info about us or to find out how to help! www.heavenafterhellrescue.org!