&status Blue Ridge Rescue

Blue Ridge Rescue

Our Adoptable Pet List

Our Featured Pet...

Our Featured Equine: Please take a look at -------> PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT Hopper and 5 friendly Roosters Needing Homes.


We have adopted out over 300 horses that were all neglected or unwanted in the last 8 years; please help us find more of these wonderful horses lifelong loving homes. Make a Difference... Adopt!

Who We Are

We are a 501c3 non-profit rescue organization for neglected, slaughter-bound, unwanted, and abandoned horses. 99% of the horses we have for adoption are healthy and sound. The other 1% we will let you know if they are special needs and what that need is. We rescue, rehabilitate, train and adopt these horses out to loving and lifelong homes. Our 1st goal is to give these horses a chance at life. Our 2nd goal is to fit the right horse with the right owner. Our 3rd goal is to help make a change in the horse industry by removing these horses from the system one at a time. Our 4th goal is to HAVE FUN DOING IT!!!
Remember there are well over 100,000 (one hundred thousand) American horses per year are being sent to Mexico and Canada for slaughter and their meat sent to foreign countries for human consumption... the majority of these horses are under 10 years old and healthy.

Adopting a friend

Our adoption process is simple; just contact us on a particular horse and we can go over the adoption process.
We only have so many spots available; so by adopting you are opening a spot for another horse to be saved.

Also visit us at: www.blueridgerescue.org

Come Visit Us!

We are located in little ol' Blue Grass, Iowa right on the Mississippi River. We are located right off Hwy 61, Hwy 22, I280, and I80. It is very easy to find. Please if you have items that you would like to donate... please contact to donate at BlueRidgeAcres@msn.com
Blue Ridge Rescue
PO BOX 203

Blue Grass, IA 52726
Phone: 563.949.0245

Email: BlueRidgeAcres@msn.com
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter

[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]