Please visit our website at www.mostlymutts.org for additional information about adopting a new best friend!
Who We Are
Mostly Mutts is a 501(c)3, non-profit organization, staffed almost entirely by volunteers!
Our mission is to help the unwanted, abandoned, abused and sick animals in our local counties. We fulfill this mission by working closely with County Animal Control Facilities, saving those who are in imminent danger of euthanasia, or those with needs which require specialized vet care that many other groups will not consider: major orthopedic issues, heartworm positive treatment, skin conditions, neglect and abuse
Adopting a Friend
Our standard adoption fee is $275. (For some highly adoptable dogs, we may ask for an additional donation to help the less fortunate animals in our program.) Each dog that Mostly Mutts adopts out to a Furever home has the following basic vetting:
- Spay or Neuter Surgery
- Vaccinations up to date according to age (Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, Bordatella)
- Heartworm Testing (1 yr & older) we pay for treatment for any HW+ animal after adoption at our own vet
Our adoption fee is $125 for cats and kittens under 1 yr old and $75 for cats over 1 yr old. Each cat that Mostly Mutts adopts out to a Furever home has the following basic vetting:
- Spay or Neuter Surgery
- Vaccinations up to date according to age (Rabies, FVRCP)
- Combo-Tested (FeLV/FIV)
The first step in the adoption process is to submit an application through our website, www.mostlymutts.org. You may also call our phone line, 770-272-6888 or email email@example.com with specific questions about any of our adoptable animals. We do require an interview, references and a contract. Must be 21 or over to adopt. Our adoption process is very thorough...Mostly Mutts prides itself in making every effort to place each animal in the right home.
- Every Saturday, with a few holiday exceptions located at the Mostly Mutts facility, 3238 Cherokee St. Kennesaw, Ga. 30144, 11am to 4pm.
- 2nd & 4th Sunday of each month, weather permitting
- Ansley Mall Petsupermarket, Midtown. 1544 Piedmont Ave, Atlanta, Ga. 30324 (corner of Piedmont & Monroe) 11am to 4pm.
- This is a smaller adoption event. To confirm that a specific dog or cat will be at the Sunday adoption event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday-Friday from 11-4pm. by appointment at the Mostly Mutts facility located at 3238 Cherokee St. Kennesaw, Ga. 30144. Some pets are in foster homes, so
please call 770-272-6888 1st to find out if the pet you're interested in is at the shelter. With an approved application, a meeting with a pet in foster care can usually be arranged
during the week, but all healthy animals are at Saturday adoptions with a few exceptions.
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]