Animal Friends Rescue Project
Who We Are
Animal Friends Rescue Project is a nonprofit organization founded in 1998 on California's Monterey Bay peninsula. Our main purpose is to find good permanent homes for abandoned, stray and abused companion animals in Monterey County. Public education and spay/neuter programs are also important aspects of our work as we try to prevent litters of unwanted kittens and puppies.
We provide the following services:
- placement of homeless animals into good permanent homes
- temporary care for homeless animals in foster homes or kennels
- education about the proper care of companion animals and education to promote compassion towards animals
- spay/neuter program and education about the problems of overpopulation
- behavioral guidance and referrals
Adopting a friend
Animal Friends Rescue Project is looking for good permanent homes for its homeless animals. We are looking for people who will:
- Provide a kind and loving environment for life (not until the next time the adopter moves or the animal becomes inconvenient).
- Provide proper food, fresh water and shelter (a clean well ventilated enclosed area that is properly heated and cooled).
- Provide proper veterinarian care, including preventative health care (vaccinations, etc.) and competent veterinary care in case of illness or injury.
- Provide daily playtime/exercise and quality interaction time with people.
- Provide a collar with identification tags at all times.
- Spay or neuter the animal (if it isn't already).
- Never use the animal for experimentation, laboratory research, fighting or any other commercial use.
- Realize that the animal will have significant expenses throughout its life. These include initial expenses such food, water and food bowls, leash for dogs, collar and I.D. tag, treats, toys, etc. In the first few months this could amount to $100.00 or more.
- Comply with all state and local laws and ordinances relating to the keeping of the animal.
- Return the pet to Animal Friends Rescue Project if at any future time the adopter is unable to care for the animal.
- The adopter will not abandon, give away or surrender the animal to anyone else.
- Not hold Animal Friends Rescue Project responsible for any future medical treatment of the animal or for any damages to person or property caused by the animal.
- Surrender the animal if Animal Friends Rescue Project feels that the animal is not being cared for properly.
Come Visit Us!
Animal Friends Rescue Project has a main adoption center and many satellite adoption sites. Our Main Adoption Center is located at 560 Lighthouse Ave in Pacific Grove. We are open Tuesday through Saturday 12-5. Adoptable cats are always on site. We also bring 5-10 adoptable dogs to the center from shelters or their foster homes on a daily basis. If you are interested in meeting a specific dog from our website, please call 333-0722 or email email@example.com. Check our website for a complete listing of our satellite adoption sites, dates of our adoption days, and dogs and cats available for adoption (www.animalfriendsrescue.org).
Animal Friends Rescue Project
P.O. Box 51083
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Web Site: www.animalfriendsrescue.org
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]