Can't adopt but still want to help???
We have lots of volunteer opportunities that you can help us with.
1. Feeding Homeless cats. We have several colonies of cats along the Peninsula from SSF to Redwood City. The colonies are all fixed and vaccinated. We provide dry food and some wet meat occasionally- when we get donations. You can sign up to feed once a week, once a month, be a substitute feeder or any amount you feel comfortable with. If you do become a feeder we ask that you 1. call us if any cat seems sick 2. if you cannot feed that day, please give us 24 hr or more notice to get a sub. 3. if you no longer can commit to feeding you give us 2 or more weeks to find a sub. The colony resident cats will surely appreciate your help. They all have unique purrrsonalities :) All colonies are fed/watered 365 days a year, rain or shine. We also have housing for them. They have it good!
2. Fostering Kittens and Cats or being a "holder". Fostering is a great way to help us without making a life long commitment. You will NOT be "stuck" with the kittens and cats. We take every measure to place them. Fostering can be done at any age of the kitten stage (bottle feeding experience is appreciated!). If you work from home, this would be a great way to spend much needed "socializing" time for the kittens. A holder is someone who would hold a cat for a couple days while we set up a permanent foster home. Food, litter and supplies are provided.
3. Know someone who does a good job at humanely trapping cats and kittens and wants them to be fixed and get homes? If so, this is a great volunteer opportunity. Humane trapping is one of our top goals. We also hold seminars on how to trap, the "tricks of the trade" and what to do once you have trapped a cat.
4. Have a student at home who needs community service? Send them to us! We have several community service opportunities.
5. Know a person who likes doing handy work? We are always in need of manual labor.
6. Donations of food and litter are always appreciated! There is a bin at Pet Club (1850 S. Norfolk Street, SM) right near the exit door. It is black and has our logo on it.
Upon adoption, all of our kittens and cats are fixed, tested, vaccinated and micro chipped. They are treated for fleas and worms and litter box trained.
We screen potential adopter's carefully. Home visits are required, but they are to make sure the cat's are going to a safe home and that everyone in the household is on board with the adoption. We aren't looking at your furniture or decor. If you rent, we require written consent from the landlord OR a copy of your lease stating you can have X amount of cats.
Adoption fee is $75e. or $125 for two.
San Mateo Residents only please.
Hello! Welcome to Roses Kitty Rescue's Pet Finder page! We are a bunch of dedicated volunteers who strive to help rescue and place kittens and cats.
Come join our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003878145787
Our generous sponsor has a fantastic business, please take a look:
We are at Pet Club the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
1850 South Norfolk St., San Mateo 94403