Sweet Home Rescue is a Los Angeles County based, 501(c)3 non-profit organization and all volunteer-based animal rescue and adoption organization dedicated to rescuing homeless dogs and cats and placing them into sweet and permanent homes.
Most of our animals suffered from neglect, abuse and illness when rescued, therefore, all of our pets put up for adoptions are examined and treated by veterinarians and are placed in foster care to rehabilitate, recover, socialize and wait for their forever home. By doing so, we are able to evaluate each pet's individual needs and temperament, and will allow more successful adoptions.
We are also in collaboration with rescuers in Taiwan to help rescue dogs and place them into loving homes in Southern California. Our rescuers in Taiwan dedicated their works in saving dogs from the streets, pounds and other abusive environments, such as dog slaughter houses or violent owners. Sadly, often times these animals still found themselves unwanted after being rescued because of the overpopulation, and pet owners in Taiwan only have their eyes on smaller dogs and brand name dogs. For more information on Taiwan dogs, please visit our resource page.
We rely solely on foster homes, so please consider foster for us by sending an email to: SweetHomeRescue@gmail.com. We will provide food and medical expenses, and you will provide space, time and unconditional love to these animals.
If you are looking for a companion dog or cat, we sincerely hope that you can consider adopt one from us, shelters or other rescue organizations. These animals needed these chances very much! Please don't purchase from backyard breeders or pet stores. Adoption saves lives!
Thank you very much for considering our dogs as one of your potential family member. Your kindness is much appreciated and will help us further our work in rescuing stray animals from streets as well as dog pounds in Taiwan.
We do not have any shelter for visits in U.S. All of our dogs are in foster care until they are adopted into loving families. While we have very limited dogs under foster homes in the U.S., most of our dogs are fostered in Taiwan. Our dogs will be arranged for transportation from Taiwan to U.S. once adoption contract is signed and adoption donation is paid.
Our adoption fee (Check payable to Sweet Home Rescue, Cash or paypal) is $240. This fee will help us pay for expenses occur in rescues, such as vet bills, transportation costs, foster homes and keep us going to be able to help the next dog in need.
All of our dogs for adoption are spayed/neutered. They all come with current shots including rabies, de-wormed, microchip, heartworm tested negative, and documents such as recent medical records.
- Fill out an Adoption Applicaton and submit for review (please allow up to a week for review). An adoption application must be completed.
- Upon doing an initial screening of your application, a Sweet Home Rescue volunteer will be in contact with you through the e-mail address that you provide on the application. (Please keep yourself available to communicate through email.) After the initial screening is completed, a vet reference will be checked (provided the applicant has had pets in the past).
- A home visit will be scheduled to make sure your house is dog/cat friendly.
- International adoption: Once adoption is finalized, the adoptee will be arranged for transportation
- (a) The adoptee will be brought from Taiwan to U.S. with volunteer traveler's help by flight. Our volunteer will meet you at LAX or SFO (or other airport where our volunteer is available, please inquire) to assist the dog transfer and necessary paperwork. Adoption contract is signed and adoption fee (check payable to Sweet Home Rescue or cash) is paid at the time. If your time permits, we would like to meet you at our local vet (in Monterey Park, CA or San Francisco Bay Area) for a general check up and register your adopted dog's microchip in the U.S. Database right after.
- (b) In rare cases if you are unable to show up at the airport at scheduled time, the dog can be picked up at the foster home or be arranged to brought to your house.
- Local Adoption: A play date will be arranged if the dog is currently fostered in U.S. If everything goes well, after the adoption contract is signed and adoption donation (Check payable to Sweet Home Rescue, cash or paypal) is paid, the dog will go home with you and the adoption will be finalized.
Providing us updated photos and info are always welcome and are much appreciated. Our rescuers and foster families love hearing updated news from you. Thank you.
In events you can not keep your adopted pet, our contract requires you to return the pet to S.H.R. for placement with another family at any age. No adoption fee will be refunded after initial 14 days. Please consider carefully before committing the adoption.
S.H.R. is a "no-kill" animal rescue group. We try our best to provide medical care and foster homes to abused, homeless and abandoned animals. We put an extensive amount of love and care into the dogs we rescue. Our goal is to place every S.H.R. pets into loving homes, therefore, we reserve the right to deny any application that we may feel is not suitable for our dogs. Thank you for considering our dogs and for supporting our rescue.