Foxy Doxy Dachshund Rescue
HOW RESCUES LIKE OURS WORK...
Just a few reason why my rescue is a better place for homeless dogs to be than our animal shelter
Differences between a shelter and my rescue
(Our refers to Gregg and I (Stacey)
1. We feel old, sick and abused dogs still deserve to be LOVED! NOT KILLED!
2. Our dogs live in a house
3. Our dogs do not live on cement
4. Our dogs are taught to all get along
5. Our dogs are crate trained
6. Our dogs are doggy door trained
7. Our dogs are exposed to a home environment which helps the transition into a new home.
8. Our dogs are socialized and exposed to new people and environments every week
9. Our dogs have over 800 square ft to run and play all day on turf, dirt and cement.
10. Our dogs our free to roam the entire time I am home which is at least 5 days a week.
11. Our dogs are exposed to traveling
12. Our dogs all have their own crate with their own crate pad and blanket to snuggle
13. Our dogs are in our home which means they have constant human contact all day
14. 0ur dogs get to cuddle on the couch and dog beds all over the house
15. Our dogs get their teeth cleaned as needed
16. Our dogs get groomed as needed
17. Our dogs are given flea prevention
18. Our dogs are given heart worm prevention
19. Our dogs are wormed when they arrive and periodically throughout the year
DIFFERENCES FROM THE SHELTER IN REGARDS TO HOW WE OPERATE AND WORK
We applies to Gregg and I (Stacey)
20. We do not get a paycheck (Well Gregg does since he has a full time job away from home)
21. We do not get days off
22. We do not get vacations
23. We do not get to clock in at 8 and clock out at 5
24. We are not closed on Holidays or Sundays
25. We monitor our dogs 24/7
26. We stay up for hours on end to care for sick dogs
27. WE TREAT OUR DOGS WITH LOVE AND RESPECT!
28. We do the cleaning, feeding, walking, loving, training, bill paying, laundry, and answer phones and emails and the list goes on
29. We spend hours at adoption events to help place the dogs in forever homes
30. We spend hours in the car transporting dogs from shelters and back to a safe home!
31. WE CRY WHEN WE LOOSE A DOG
32. OUR HEARTS BREAK WHILE WE HOLD A DOG WHILE IT IS PUT DOWN IN OUR ARMS OR DIES IN OUR ARMS
33. WE CREMATE OR BURY OUR DOGS BECAUSE WE LOVE THEM
34. WE GIVE UP A NORMAL LIFE TO SAVE DOGS AND MAKE THEIR LIVES BETTER!
35. WE ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN DOGS LIVES WHICH ARE THE ONES LOCAL SHELTERS KILLS!
WHERE TO START!
**If you see a dog you are interested in FILL OUT THE APPLICATION IN THE DOGS DESCRIPTION JUST CLICK ON THE LINK. DO NOT CALL! You must fill out the application before an appointment to meet one of the dogs will be made.
That is the first step in adopting. It may take a day or two to get an application to you or contact you once the application is received. Please do not call us to speed up the process. The phone number listed is a message phone and I do not get to answer or return calls on a daily basis. EMAILS ARE THE FAST TRACK! EVEN IF IT IS QUESTIONS JUST EMAIL ME :-)
We take dogs out of shelters, we have been overwhelmed with owner surrenders, we get them from breeders who not longer want them anymore. REALITY IS THE PET POPULATION IS OUT OF CONTROL. THERE IS NO LACK OF DOGS OUT THERE WHO NEED RESCUE!
WE WILL TAKE THE SICK AND AGGRESSIVE DOGS TOO SO PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A DOG TO SURRENDER LET US KNOW!
All the dogs live here with us in our home. No dog sleeps outside! (unless it is tanning time in the back yard)
All the dogs are spayed / neutered, up to date on shots, crate trained, potty trained or in the works, doggy door trained, given heart worm and flea prevention, and in most cases micro-chipped.
Each dog is different so if you have specific questions please just email me!
Please see our website for news and events!
Who We Are
A home full of dogs in need!
Adopting a dog
IS SAVING A LIFE OF A BEST FRIEND FOR LIFE!
BUYING A PUPPY DOES NOT BUY YOU LOVE!
DO NOT SHOP ADOPT! GOOD HONEST BREEDERS DO NOT SELL DOGS TO PET STORES! KEEP THAT IN MIND NEXT TIME YOU THINK OF PURCHASING A PUPPY! YOU ARE SUPPORTING PUPPY MILLS!
Come Visit Us!
FOXY DOXY DACHSHUND RESCUE IS A NON-PROFIT DACHSHUND RESCUE LOCATED IN ATASCADERO WHICH IS CONSIDERED IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA. We are about 3.5 hours to San Fran and 3.5 to LA.
*******EVEN IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PUREBRED DOG AND IT IS NOT A DACHSHUND LET ME KNOW. I TRAVEL TO SHELTERS ALL OVER CALIFORNIA AND HAVE SEEN IT ALL! SO LET ME KNOW AND I CAN LOOK FOR THAT "PERFECT FIT" FOR YOU! YES PUPPIES ARE ALWAYS IN NEED BELIEVE IT OR NOT. THEY ALSO KILL PUPPIES TOO SO KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN YOU WANT TO ADOPT FROM A PET STORE. PLEASE!
WE EVEN WILL HELP YOU FIND A PLACE OR HOME FOR YOUR DOG EVEN IF IT IS NOT A PUREBRED DACHSHUND! JUST EMAIL ME AND WE CAN WORK TOGETHER TO HELP YOUR ANIMAL FIND A NEW FOREVER HOME!
I HAVE A POLICY TO TAKE BACK ANY DOG AT ANY TIME! I WANT THE DOG AND THE NEW FAMILY TO BE HAPPY!
WE ALSO OFFER ONE ON ONE HELP AND TRAINING IF NEEDED WITH ANY DOG THAT IS ADOPTED! THE NEW OWNER IS NEVER ALONE IN THIS AND WE ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF HELP!
ALL DOGS REQUIRE AN APPLICATION FILLED OUT PRIOR TO MEET AND GREETS AND ADDITIONAL INFO.
(SO EMAIL ME FOR AN APPLICATION PLEASE :-)
ALL DOGS HAVE AN ADOPTION FEE ALSO! PETS REQUIRE VET CARE, PREVENTATIVE MEDICATION AND EMERGENCIES DO ARISE THAT ALL REQUIRE MONEY! SO PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND BEFORE YOU ADOPT A PET!
YOU CAN MEET THE FOSTER KIDS AT A LOCAL DOG PARK OR EVEN IN YOUR HOME! JUST LET US KNOW WHEN AND WHERE!
Foxy Doxy Dachshund Rescue
Atascadero , CA 93422
PLEASE EMAIL ME FIRST FOR APPLICATION BEFORE YOU CALL! OR GET APP OFF OUR WEBSITE
ALL THE DOGS LOOKING FOR LOVE
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]