Any Rat Rescue
Rat Vet Info
If you currently have rats or are looking to adopt some, an experienced rat vet is critical. Any Rat Rescue has used many vets in the valley to care for our rats and we would like to pass on what we have learned through experience. Good exotics vet who treat many rats each year are always the best choice.
We use, and recommend Dr. Bill Langhofer- Scottsdale Vet. He can be reached at 480-945-8484. Without a doubt, we believe he is the BEST rat vet in the Valley.
We also suggest Dr. Rosenke at Hillside Animal Hospital, c/o 480-391-7297. He has a state-of-the-art laser which seems to be a great advantage. He has successfully removed bumbles.
Dr. Bayon at Baseline Animal Hospital, 480-839-2824, is quite knowledgeable and open-minded. He has lots of rat experience. We've found their surgery prices to be much higher than average, however.
Dr. Marilyn Anger, 480-515-5448, is a holistic vet as well as chiropractor and acupuncturist (yes, for rats!) She is at the Animal Hospital at Tatum Ranch.
East Valley: Many rat owners have used Dr. Driggers and Dr. Funk.
For you west-siders, Dr. K at Dove Valley Animal hospital is very good with rats.
ALSO: We recommend DIAMONDBACK PHARMACY located on Thomas Road just east of Scottsdale road. They are by far the most willing to work with you and have the best prices in town. They are a very knowledgeable, helpful and experienced group of people. 480-946-2223
ARR has started an informative newsletter. If you would like to receive a copy via email, please send your info to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you on the list.
ARR is in dire need of foster homes. We have to turn rats away every day, since we have no place to house them. If you have ever considered fostering, now is the time to step up. We can only help as many rats as we can provide proper care for. PLEASE consider fostering as a way to help rats in need and Any Rat Rescue.
There are many ways in which you can help the rescue. Please contact us at email@example.com to see what may be a good fit for you. We are very grateful for all support.
Who We Are
Any Rat Rescue is an incorporated, nonprofit organization in the State of Arizona. Our mission is to help any rat in need, and to inform and educate the public about the proper care of the pet rat. Our goal is to work with reptile organizations to educate owners and to eliminate the sale of live rodents for the purpose of feeding reptiles. We also hope to implement school and community programs regarding the benefits of rats as companion animals.
We are always looking for help in any fashion. If you are interested please contact us via the link provided below.
Any Rat Rescue is a 501 (c) (3) tax exempt organization.
Adopting or Surrendering a friend
If you are interested in one of our adoptable rats, please contact us. Any Rat Rescue will require you to complete an application and an adoption contract. We will also ask for a donation for all adopted rats. When adopting rats from us, we will send you home with a starter rat care pack, information on rat care and a plethora of Internet resources. You will also receive your new pet's history, as best we can provide.
When surrendering a rat to ARR, we require that you also surrender the cage the animal is kept in. We also ask for a small surrender fee as these funds are needed for the rats' care. Surrenders will be taken on a space-available basis.
We will try to help whenever possible, but we are a small group with limited resources. Please do not hesitate to call. We MAY be able to help.
We are always in need of many things. Whatever you can donate will be put to use and greatly appreciated. We are very appreciative of any help.
Items we can always use include:
- Bedding: old sheets that are not torn up, king-sized pillow cases
- Carefresh pet bedding and SoftSorb litter
- Gift certificates to pet stores for purchasing bedding and litter
- Gift cards to Trader Joes, Sprouts, Whole Foods and other grocery stores are ALWAYS welcome. The rescue purchases a large quantity of fresh vegetables and fruits and whole grains for staple food mix.
- Toys and igloos (or any other 'hidey boxes') are always needed as are water bottles and food dishes.
- Mild laundry soap, bleach, instant brown rice and LARGE CAGES!!!
Other ways to help:
Thank you for helping Any Rat Rescue!
- Donations are accepted for the Any Rat Rescue Fund for veterinary care at Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic. We can also take donations by PayPal. Visit www.paypal.com and send donations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have time to volunteer, you will be welcomed! Babies need socialization and cage cleaning is ongoing.
- If you have no other rodents in your home, please consider becoming a quarantine home.
- If you have rodents but would be willing to foster rats after their mandatory three-week quarantine and until they are adopted, you may be able to help the rescue as a foster home.
To the world,you are one person, to a rat you are the world
Any Rat Rescue
Contact us by phone at 480-663-3338, by mail at PO Box 833, Scottsdale, AZ 85252-0833 or email:
Click here for a list of pets at this shelter
[Home] [Information] [Shelters] [Search]